Monday, April 14, 2008

Muir Woods


So this weekend my fiancee thought it would be a good idea if I took a break from drawing and painting 24/7 and spent some time outdoors for a change. So Crystal and I set out to explore Muir Woods. For those of you who don't live around the San Francisco area or haven't heard of Muir Woods, it's a forest / park north of the city near the town of Marin. Anyways, it was awesome to say the least, we had a great time and it was exactly what I needed to get a great break. The funny thing is, is that the bulk of these pictures were taken before we even got to the park, we had to park so far away that as we were walking to the park, we came across a small trail / path off the side of the road and thought we'd have a look. It seemed like the kind of place we'd come across David the Gnome and some Trolls, just a little too nice and fanciful. Anyways, here are some of the pics, just no gnomes. Sorry about that.


Crystal leading me down a lovely Thomas Kinkade-esqe path to certain death


Some nice flowers


Still smiling about leading me into a Thomas Kinkade forest of pain


The best view of me


Probably one of the only pictures taken inside the Muir Woods park


My favorite picture of the day!